At the Drama School we believe that theatre is an educational tool which has no boundaries, due to the wide variety of aspects that are worked on. Hence, we believe it is of utmost importance for children to have the opportunity to do drama as from an early age.
The aim of the Drama School’s workshops is to get the children to play together and to stimulate creativity. Theatrical play, like all games, has its established rules, and it is from these that theatrical creativity can start to take form.
BENEFITS OF DOING DRAMA
- You get to know your own body and voice.
- You have the opportunity to consciously play and experiment with what your body and voice can do.
- You learn to transmit a feeling to the audience, create a character or play with emotions.
- You become more sociable and responsible, due to the fact the drama is working as a group and everyone has to take on a role or some responsibility in that group.
- You overcome fear and embarrassment and you become more socially at ease with yourself.
- You channel your creative potential into expressing yourself in an artistic way, thus you lose your inhibitions and allow your body and mind to become freer.
- Drama boosts your self-esteem and betters your self-image.
The Drama School offers this activity to schools throughout the school year. The teachers that hold the sessions are members of the teaching staff here at the Drama School and the sessions are monitored by the coordinators at our centre. Also included in the service is the temporary loan of material, such as scenery, costumes or make-up, in order to carry out the workshops.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
Pre-school centres, primary and secondary schools in the city of Lleida, with pupils aged between 3 and 18.
HOW LONG AND WHEN?
From October to May. Timetable to be decided on at each school.
The drama classes will be held at the schools themselves and the final performance will take place at the L’Escorxador Municipal Theatre.